Monday, December 29, 2008

Spatial properties



Mathematics has always been one of my major concerns in philosophical aspect. Actually philosophical questions concerning mathematics introduced me to the philosophy in first place. Where almost everyone is able to use Pythagoras theorem, many cant prove it. I cant. Ontological aspects of mathematics is huge and very interesting part of philosophy. We can imagine a perfect circle, but Pi is irrational number and therefore you cant find a sphere which would be the "perfect" object and use it as a determinent for Pi. What is the relation between abstract law´s n´ objects and the "real" world?

WTF!.. Check out this grazy hypercube. It is four dimensional object. (four spatial dimensions, no time added.) Check out the reddish part, in 4-D that "cell" should be nearest to the observer and it should be in contact with four other cubical cell´s. Bizarre. Or you might as well want to check this 10-dimensional wtf ever it is, but it is not a sphere, more likely cube. I dont want to trouble my eyes but I dont see why these "rays/lines" wouldn´t be identical in lenght, and therefore a hypercube. Heh,.. Wonder how many squares can you find there,.. there must be thousands.

The picture abow is a knot. As you can see it doesn´t have a start nor end. If you have a ring, how can you tie it in knot similar to the picture? Something about spatial properties. I personally dont know is it possible or not. I´m not a mathematician but I´m interested in mathematic´s and I hopefully by these thought´s, can share or even influence some readers to be inspired by mathemathics.

No comments:

Post a Comment